Why You Should Hire a Property Tax Specialist to Appeal Your Commercial Property Taxes
Up to 60 percent of the property in the United States could be overtaxed. Hiring a property tax specialist could save you hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars.
One way to try to lower your property taxes is by hiring a property tax specialist to handle the appeal for you. Valuing real estate is both a delicate and continuous process. Market conditions are constantly changing. Here’s what a professional property tax specialist should be doing on your behalf:
- Dig up information on the latest transactions in your market.
- Monitor your sub market for deals that will impact your valuation
- Keep you apprised of other settlements that could impact your case
- Review current assessment, verify municipal property records for accuracy
- Physical inspection of property to estimate depreciation and obsolescence
- Calculate market value
- Advise on viable cases with estimated savings projection
- Manage, complete, and file administrative grievances with the municipalities
- If necessary, retain legal counsel to commence judicial proceeding (with no additional fee)
- If an appraisal is required, retain third party appraiser
- Monitor case throughout process and advise status
- Complete appeal management including refund processing and moratorium auditing
The RTC organization is devoted to assisting property owners, as well as tenants who are paying too much in real estate taxes, in the reduction of their real property tax assessments.