Nassau County Property Tax Grievance
Nassau County Filing Deadline: March 1, 2023
Property tax rates in Nassau County are among the highest in the nation! New York State ranks #47 out of 50 on a rating of the worst Property Taxes in the country for 2019-2022, according to the Tax Foundation. Nassau County regularly ranks 1st or 2nd as having the highest taxes of any county in the entire country.
Filing a grievance application and making a case for a reduction is the best way to lower your real estate taxes. If the property tax assessor has over-assessed the real value of your commercial property, you could be losing a lot of money. Any entity who pays commercial property taxes in Nassau County can grieve an assessment, including: commercial property owners, commercial contract vendees, and commercial tenants who are required to pay all of the property taxes pursuant to a lease or written agreement.
Realty Tax Challenge (RTC) has helped commercial real estate clients reduce their NY property taxes for over 25 years. We are the most experienced and knowledgeable in the business at understanding all the factors that affect your property valuation, and we leverage that expertise in every one of our negotiations. There is no fee until we have obtained a reduction so we have every incentive to succeed and save you money.
Many commercial property owners have multiple locations throughout Long Island, so it’s important to be aware that the process for filing your commercial property tax grievance is different in Nassau County than in Suffolk County. Here is an overview of the grievance filing process if you work with RTC to grieve your Nassau County property taxes:
The Nassau County Property Tax Grievance Process
- RTC will review the assessor’s estimate of the market value of your property.
- After our evaluation of your commercial properties, if it appears that you are over-assessed, our office will begin the process of reducing your taxes. Assessors do not determine your property taxes. They only determine the market value of your property. There are two levels of review:
- 1. Administrative review – the “grievance” process is conducted at the municipal level with the Assessment Review Commission (“ARC”). Once the appeal is submitted, ARC may request supporting financial documentation for submission and/or schedule a conference. Our office will review and ensure the requested documentation is submitted and follow up for a favorable decision.
- 2. Judicial review – the “petition” is a legal pleading filed with Nassau County Supreme Court – If we are unsuccessful with our grievance application, an Article 7 petition is prepared and submitted on your behalf. However, to pursue judicial review, you must first go through administrative review process.
- You will be updated throughout the process, and our office will ensure that you receive your refund as soon as possible.
Our offices handle the filing of tax grievances on behalf of all types of businesses and corporations throughout Nassau County, including Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Bayville, Bellerose, Carle Place, Cedarhurst, East Hills, East Meadow, East Rockaway, East Williston, Farmingdale, Floral Park, Freeport, Garden City, Great Neck, Hempstead, Hewlett Bay Park, Hicksville, Inwood, Island Park, Kensington, Lake Success, Lawrence, Long Beach, Lynbrook, Malverne, Manorhaven, Massapequa, Massapequa Park, Merrick, Mill Neck, Mineola, Munsey Park, Muttontown, New Hyde Park, North Hempstead, North Hills, Oceanside, Old Brookville, Old Westbury, Oyster Bay, Plainview, Plandome, Port Washington, Rockville Centre, Roslyn, Russell Gardens, Saddle Rock, Sea Cliff, South Floral Park, Syosset, Thomaston, Uniondale, Upper Brookville, Valley Stream, Westbury, Williston Park, Woodbury.
If you’re ready to get started, call us at 914-348-9473, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the contact form to begin the process. We look forward to helping you save money on your commercial property taxes.
Useful Links for Nassau County Property Tax Grievances:
Ready to Get Started?
Speak With a Real Estate Tax assessment consultant Today.
Call us at 914-348-9473 or fill out the contact form to begin the process.
We can answer any questions you have, and get you started on the assessment process to obtain you the maximum tax incentive or relief available to you!